Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Pitcher Plant Discovery

A new species of giant carnivorous plant has been discovered in the highlands of the central Philippines.
Large enough to eat a rat!
Read More at BBC Earth News

We have been following Curious Expediations blog and we follow their twitter as well. They twittered about the pitcher plant discovery. We like looking at the pitcher plant as an image I and draw them onto my glaze paintings. If I run across any of my images in my archive we will post them.

3 comments:

Jerry said...

I love nature. Very cool. It begs the question, are there rats around to be trapped?

cindy shake said...

those would look sooo cool sculpted and shaped out of clay!! Can't you see them hanging outside on the wall with a plant growing out of that shape?! very cool link too.

Anonymous said...

that is totally cool and beautiful