Sunday, January 29, 2017

daily picture beginning

Reflection in Pond, 1/27/17, Samantha Henneke, Bulldog Pottery, Seagrove, NC

     I started my daily picture taking again----- Not sure if this will be a daily practice, but definitely a weekly one.  I do enjoy looking for and composing images. There seems to me, something different that happens when composing an image in the square format versus the rectangle shape.  When I walk around with my phone I set the shape to square, with our dslr the shape is rectangle. These images I am sharing with you I took with my phone this past week. 

I visit our ponds often with Bella and I find this a magical place for me to be.  Water is a grounding element for my consciousness as we know it is with many folks.  

We have been working in the studio on a few new ideas, and I have been catching up with business projects. Hopefully, soon we will have a new website and updated events information for 2017. I am half way through our taxes and will finish these soon so my focus can be back in the studio (and website.) We are looking forward to our new website, surely a perpetual work in progress.

We are preparing for the upcoming North Carolina Potters Conference, which takes place the first weekend of March (March 3-5, 2017) in Asheboro, North Carolina. This will be the 30th year and we are looking forward to the pottery demonstrators and presenters. To learn more about the North Carolina Potters Conference visit the Randolph Arts Guild's website

The pottery demonstrators are David MacDonald, Gerit Grimm, and Blair Clemo. The presentations will be given by Stuart Kestenbaum, Sanjit Sethi, Andrea Gill, and Brooks Jensen.  It definitely will be a fabulous weekend, and anyone that loves ceramics and pottery, should consider signing up and spend the weekend with the potters and engage in the conversations about all things clay.



Luna Bella, 1/26/17, by Samantha Henneke, Bulldog Pottery, Seagrove, NC



Pond, 1/29/17, by Samantha Henneke, Bulldog Pottery, Seagrove, NC



Seed Pod, 1/30/17, Samantha Henneke, Bulldog Pottery, Seagrove, NC