Monday, May 24, 2010

Glazing-Sieving-Gardening-Playing

Glazing-Sieving-Gardening-Playing
All important ingredients to a fantastic and productive Sunday at Bulldog Pottery

Sieving and making batches of glazes is always one task that comes before every glaze cycle. We currently are using around 45 glazes, but we have had over 100 on our shelves. Glazes go in and out of favor for one reason or another, and we are always dreaming up new colors, and hoping for that one glaze that we have never seen before. Do you remember that song by Huey Lewis-- "I want a New Drug"? This is our theme song during days like today. Bruce and I sing this in the studio, but we sing "I want a new glaze".

Maxwell's job is an important one, and that is to keep a keen eye on his ball which at this moment has rolled under my chair.
Definitely in her element these days, Gloria has become one with the sunflower.

Garden May 24. Tomatoes are in, eggplants covered with row cloth and we are eating chard. Bruce picked shitakes off of our logs this morning. There is a stir fry in our future.

3 comments:

claydancer said...

Love the garden pics! I have you on my blog list. Would you be willing to put me on yours. I am a fellow potter and ceramic artist.
Thanks

claydancer said...

Thanks for adding me!

Linda Starr said...

Forty five glazes, wow. Beautiful garden, bet those shitakes are great.