Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Last Night, While the World goes Mad


Bruce and I are squeezing in some night time studio work. I have been working on putting handles on mugs, finishing touches on the pitchers, and throwing bowls. Bruce is working on the additions to his new leaf vases. We are getting ready for two shows at the same time. The Potters Market in Charlotte and then a couple of weeks later we have work that needs to go to Raleigh. For the Potters Market we are going to fire a reduction gas kiln of our functional works as well as have some of our flowing glazed decorative pieces. For the Nature Art Gallery exhibition we are going to show our ceramic wall pieces, vases, fossil fish, and insect jars.


I bumped into a blog entry by Brian Fields yesterday. The title attracted my attention, "Has the World Gone Mad?" The title struck a chord and as I read it, I found out why. He spoke of the North Carolina Pottery Center and now with the additional news added about Arrowmont. Arrowmont is an incredible arts and crafts school in Gatlinburg, TN. I received an e-mail yesterday from Kristen Kieffer. She has a bit of information on her website/blog and a link to a petition that needs to be signed before August 22.

It never ceases to amaze me of how the decisions and acts of a few people can affect so many.

No comments: