Sunday, January 18, 2009

Owen/Owens reception at the Pottery Center

There was a great turn out yesterday for the reception of the Owen/Owens : 178 years of Pottery, at the North Carolina Pottery Center in Seagrove, North Carolina.   Wonderful exhibition and definitely worth a visit to see this display of pottery.  I know that we will be going back to take a closer look at the work in the near future.  

The cars filled the parking lot at the North Carolina Pottery Center

Inside the NCPC the visitors had a great time talking and looking at pottery.



The crowd joyfully listened to the old time music played by the Owen/Owens and friends.


Stay tuned for the next round of pictures.  Posted soon here with Samantha and Bruce at  Around and About with Bulldog Pottery's blog.

3 comments:

klineola said...

It's so good to see that the show was well attended. I wish I could have been there. I see friends in your pictures! Thanks for the virtual visit. Will you post some pics of pots from the show?

;-)

Bulldog Pottery said...

Yes One of these days soon I will go back down to the NCPC and get some close up images.

Mike said...

Thanks for posting these pictures. Since I live in Florida I usually get to Seagrove only once a year. I wish I lived closer - what a great pottery community. Take care and tell your dad the 'engineer from florida' he met in the shop during the Celebration weekend said "hello."